March 5, 2014
Netanyahu's inaction to Obama's provocations sends powerful message
Kerry, after apparent criticism by Schumer, seeks to allay skepticism on diplomacy
How to ruin a perfectly good kid in 10 simple steps
2014 Oscars played it safe, but was faith lost in the shuffle?
Apple joins Hobby Lobby in touting corporate values beyond profit
March 3, 2014
Alina Dain Sharon: In the Hebrew calendar, a leap year has extra month, not day
Latest Obama appointment to prove Prez set on emasculating so-called Israel Lobby
Jewish World Review
Sept. 7, 2007
/ 24 Elul, 5767
What a confusing world we live in. Our sports heroes are "self medicated" for success. Our business leaders are sometimes more crooked than a boomerang that never comes back. Our "scientists" can't prove that global warming is man made, but want to shut up anyone that believes it isn't. And our politicians….Well they deserve a category of their own.
Below are quotes of those that litter our TV screens, internet sites, and Iowa ethanol fields, formerly known as "corn." Can you see through the hyperbole and hypocrisy? Have at it! Answers below. Let me know how you did. Cheaters get no strudel!
1. "I'd say if you lived in the United States…and you voted for George W. Bush, you've lost your mind." A. John Edwards B. Hillary C. Obama D. Osama. E. Laura Bush
2. "War is good when good survive and evil is crushed." A. Bill Clinton B. Ted Nugent C. Mitt Romney. D. Harry Reid. E. Dave Weinbaum
3. "If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf (Pakistan) won't act, we will." A. John Edwards B. General Patreus. C. Tony Blair. D. George W. Bush. E. Obama.
4. "Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish…It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom." A. Harry Truman B. Condi Rice C. Pat Buchanon. D. John F. Kennedy E. John F. Kerry.
5. "A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government." A. Richard Nixon B. Al Gore C. Dick Cheney D. Barry Bonds E. Bill Clinton
6. "We will have one clear unmistakable message for Al Qaeda…You cannot run. You cannot hide. We will destroy you." A. Bill Clinton B. Hillary C. Obama. D. John Edwards. E. George W. Bush.
7. "Saddam has been engaged in the development of WMD technology which is a threat to the countries in the region and has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." A. Dick Cheney B. Colin Powell C. Bill Clinton D. Harry Reid E. Nancy Pelosi
8. "President Bush had five polyps removed from his colon over the weekend. Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Carl Levin, and Dick Durbin are all doing fine." A. Dennis Miller B. Bill Maher C. Rush Limbaugh D. Bill O'Reilly E. Ann Coulter
9. "Integrity is the lifeblood of democracy. Deceit is poison to its veins." A. Teddy Kennedy B. Bill Clinton C. George Bush D. Cindy Sheehan E. Sean Hannity
10. "On 9/11/2001, we thought we were going to be attacked many, many times between then and now. We haven't been." A. Rudy Giuliani B. Hillary Clinton C. Hillary D. John Edwards E. Harry Reid
11. "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." A. Adolf Hitler B. Thomas Jefferson C. Stalin D. Hillary E. Al Sharpton
12. "And he moved the tyranny and suppression of freedom in his own country, and they called it a Patriot Act under disguise of fighting terrorism." A. Harry Reid B. John Kerry C. Osama D. Obama E. Hillary
13. "The road to tyranny, we must never forget, begins with the destruction of the truth." A. Hillary B. George W. Bush C. Al Gore D. Ben Franklin E. Bill Clinton
14. "The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they're not." A. George W. Bush B. Nancy Pelosi C. Dick Cheney D. Harry Reid E. Hillary Clinton
15. "I never knew I was smart until a liberal called me stupid." A. Dave Weinbaum B. Rush Limbaugh C. Ann Coulter D. Sean Hannity E. Bill O'Reilly
Do not look below until entirely finished!!!
George Bush's super secret surveillance will reveal cheetahs to me…that is until the New York Times reveal how that demented guy in the WH. does it.
Answers:1.A 2.B 3.E 4.D 5.B 6.D 7.E 8.C 9.A 10.A 11.B 12.D 13.E 14.E 15.A
How'd you do? Let me know.
If you didn't notice the irony of the correct answers their may be no hope for you except to stay liberal. Please, if you do take the presidency, try not to wreck the country in the limited time you're in.
Thanks in advance, and…
I'll be on the road.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
JWR contributor Dave Weinbaum, originally from Chicago, is a businessman, writer and part-time stand-up comic. He resides in a Midwest red state. Comment by clicking here.
© 2005, Dave Weinbaum