May 13, 2013
David G. Savage:
Church-state, literally? Supreme Court weighing public school graduation in a church
May 10, 2013
Rabbi Berel Wein: Be all that you should be
May 8, 2013
Peter Ford: Why China is welcoming both Israel's Netanyahu and Palestinians' Abbas
Obama administration quietly backs out of appeal over new contraceptive mandate
At Kerry-Putin meeting, US-Russia relations thaw --- a tad
The Kosher Gourmet by Leela Cyd Ross :
Almost too pretty to eat, this colorful salad with Sicilian inspiration will tickle the taste buds and delight your visual sensibility
May 6, 2013
May 3, 2013
Kids, kittens the Same?
With employee perks at struggling Internet pioneer Yahoo! it's hard to tell
Artificial kidney offers hope to patients tethered to a dialysis machine
April 29, 2013
Poland's new Jewish museum celebrates life, doesn't revisit Holocaust
Terrorism in America: Is US missing a chance to learn from failed plots?
Boston Bomber's 'Svengali' Revealed
Tiny satellites + cellphones = cheaper 'eyes in the sky' for NASA
April 26, 2013
Clifford D. May:
Defense in the Age of Jihadist Terrorism
Sharon Palmer, R.D.:
How to feel your best -- with plenty of energy, a healthy weight and optimal mental and physical function -- without driving yourself batty
April 24, 2013
Admit it: No one has any idea what's going on
April 22, 2013
US man departing country arrested on terror charges
An unorthodox but growing treatment in a 9-year-old's battle against cancer
April 19, 2013
Caroline B. Glick:
Why Obama's visit to Israel had no impact on public opinion or government policy
Gold collapse: The start of something big?
Livable super-Earths? Two candidates among Kepler's latest finds
April 17, 2013
Too much of a good thing? 'Palestinians' realize downside of foreign aid boom
BAD NEWS: EVERYONE IS RIGHT!
April 15, 2013
Egyptian Christians respond with harsh words to attack -- rocks, Molotov cocktails, and gunfire -- against main cathedral
Marcy Darnovsky and Karuna Jaggar:
High Court to decide if you should own your DNA
US bracing for more Russian blowback after taking action against 18 more human rights violators
April 12, 2013
New cybersecurity bill: Privacy threat or crucial band-aid?
Jewz in the Newz by Nate Bloom:
The Kosher Gourmet by Susan Russo:
Jackie Robinson's Friend, Hank Greenberg; CNN's Jake Tapper; Texas County in the News is named for 19thC. Jewish soldier and Congressman
FRUITY QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS: A flavorful, colorful and edible vessel of delicately fluffy, mildly nutty filling combined with chewy apricots, tangy cherries, and crunchy pistachios
April 10, 2013
North Korean missiles: Could US shoot them down?
Warning: Don't waste your capital being fooled by profit prophets
Donald Hensrud, M.D.:
Mayo Clinic Medical Edge: Take vitamin supplements with caution --- even approved, they may actually do damage
74 DNA discoveries move cure closer for three cancers
April 8, 2013
Jonathan Tobin: What Part of No Preconditions Do American Jews Not Get?
Is Putin finally trading his own party for a new power base?
Jewish World Review
Sept. 7, 2007
/ 24 Elul, 5767
What a confusing world we live in. Our sports heroes are "self medicated" for success. Our business leaders are sometimes more crooked than a boomerang that never comes back. Our "scientists" can't prove that global warming is man made, but want to shut up anyone that believes it isn't. And our politicians….Well they deserve a category of their own.
Below are quotes of those that litter our TV screens, internet sites, and Iowa ethanol fields, formerly known as "corn." Can you see through the hyperbole and hypocrisy? Have at it! Answers below. Let me know how you did. Cheaters get no strudel!
1. "I'd say if you lived in the United States…and you voted for George W. Bush, you've lost your mind." A. John Edwards B. Hillary C. Obama D. Osama. E. Laura Bush
2. "War is good when good survive and evil is crushed." A. Bill Clinton B. Ted Nugent C. Mitt Romney. D. Harry Reid. E. Dave Weinbaum
3. "If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf (Pakistan) won't act, we will." A. John Edwards B. General Patreus. C. Tony Blair. D. George W. Bush. E. Obama.
4. "Israel was not created in order to disappear - Israel will endure and flourish…It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom." A. Harry Truman B. Condi Rice C. Pat Buchanon. D. John F. Kennedy E. John F. Kerry.
5. "A president who breaks the law is a threat to the very structure of our government." A. Richard Nixon B. Al Gore C. Dick Cheney D. Barry Bonds E. Bill Clinton
6. "We will have one clear unmistakable message for Al Qaeda…You cannot run. You cannot hide. We will destroy you." A. Bill Clinton B. Hillary C. Obama. D. John Edwards. E. George W. Bush.
7. "Saddam has been engaged in the development of WMD technology which is a threat to the countries in the region and has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." A. Dick Cheney B. Colin Powell C. Bill Clinton D. Harry Reid E. Nancy Pelosi
8. "President Bush had five polyps removed from his colon over the weekend. Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Carl Levin, and Dick Durbin are all doing fine." A. Dennis Miller B. Bill Maher C. Rush Limbaugh D. Bill O'Reilly E. Ann Coulter
9. "Integrity is the lifeblood of democracy. Deceit is poison to its veins." A. Teddy Kennedy B. Bill Clinton C. George Bush D. Cindy Sheehan E. Sean Hannity
10. "On 9/11/2001, we thought we were going to be attacked many, many times between then and now. We haven't been." A. Rudy Giuliani B. Hillary Clinton C. Hillary D. John Edwards E. Harry Reid
11. "A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." A. Adolf Hitler B. Thomas Jefferson C. Stalin D. Hillary E. Al Sharpton
12. "And he moved the tyranny and suppression of freedom in his own country, and they called it a Patriot Act under disguise of fighting terrorism." A. Harry Reid B. John Kerry C. Osama D. Obama E. Hillary
13. "The road to tyranny, we must never forget, begins with the destruction of the truth." A. Hillary B. George W. Bush C. Al Gore D. Ben Franklin E. Bill Clinton
14. "The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they're not." A. George W. Bush B. Nancy Pelosi C. Dick Cheney D. Harry Reid E. Hillary Clinton
15. "I never knew I was smart until a liberal called me stupid." A. Dave Weinbaum B. Rush Limbaugh C. Ann Coulter D. Sean Hannity E. Bill O'Reilly
Do not look below until entirely finished!!!
George Bush's super secret surveillance will reveal cheetahs to me…that is until the New York Times reveal how that demented guy in the WH. does it.
Answers:1.A 2.B 3.E 4.D 5.B 6.D 7.E 8.C 9.A 10.A 11.B 12.D 13.E 14.E 15.A
How'd you do? Let me know.
If you didn't notice the irony of the correct answers their may be no hope for you except to stay liberal. Please, if you do take the presidency, try not to wreck the country in the limited time you're in.
Thanks in advance, and…
I'll be on the road.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
JWR contributor Dave Weinbaum, originally from Chicago, is a businessman, writer and part-time stand-up comic. He resides in a Midwest red state. Comment by clicking here.
© 2005, Dave Weinbaum
Richard Z. Chesnoff
Frank J. Gaffney
Victor Davis Hanson
A. Barton Hinkle
Judge A. Napolitano
Cokie & Steve Roberts
Debra J. Saunders
J. D. Crowe
Ask Doctor K