Test your nutrition IQ: Good-for-you foods
By Sam McManis
http://www.JewishWorldReview.com | Magazines love lists and foodies love to rank favorites. So now, even highfalutin' scholarly journals like Food Technology are joining the ranks. It recently published "14 foods that deliver research-documented benefits to health." Take our quiz based on the list.
1. Barley made the list because clinical trials have shown it lowers what?
c) Ulcer symptoms
2. Black raspberries have been shown to prevent what in mice?
a) Intestinal tumors
b) Irritable bowel syndrome
3. Pistachios, according to a recent study, have been found to reduce what?
a) Kidney stones
4. According to a 2010 study, what nutrient in pecans may provide neurological protection by delaying the progression of motor neuron degeneration?
b) Vitamin B12
c) Vitamin E
5. People who consumed two servings of canned tomato products daily experienced a significant decrease in what?
a) Blood pressure
ANSWERS: 1: b; 2: a; 3: c; 4: c; 5: a
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment by clicking here.
Government guidelines © 2008, The Sacramento Bee Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
© 2008, The Sacramento Bee Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services