Dec. 11, 2013
CIA's anti-terrorism NOC effort called 'colossal flop'
John Wilkinson, M.D.
: Mayo Clinic Medical Edge: Mild leg swelling could be signaling other medical issues
: In Windy City, religion confronts a gust of cold air
Dec. 2, 2013
Rabbi Moshe Grylak: Attack on Chanukah's scholar-warriors an affront to all people of faith
U.S. boxes in Israel, not Iran: Surrender in Geneva
Jewz in the Newz by Nate Bloom
: Vanessa Bayer & Jacob, the Bar Mitzvah Boy; Adam Levine, nickname "the Bear Jew," is People's Sexiest; Eastwoods Need to Say "Kinehora!"
The Kosher Gourmet by Kim Ode:
Fried and gone to heaven: Dense, fried Slovenian doughnut-like rolls, krofi, on Chanukah is a treat you'll want to eat all year long
: Tracking babies' eyes, scientists find signs of autism in 2-month-olds
Jewz in the Newz by Nate Bloom
: Hunger Games: Jewish Connections; A 'Minyan'of Jewish Celebs Recite the Gettysburg Address On-line; Walter Matthau's Reaction to JFK's Death
Nancy A. Youssef :
Christians too afraid to complain as treatment in new 'democracy' worsens
Jewz in the Newz by Nate Bloom
: Jewish MLB managers; Past and Present; Movie News and Dancing W/the Stars Shocker; Paula Abdul's Israeli bat mitzvah and bio facts rarely reported
Jewish World Review
Dec. 13, 2011
/ 17 Kislev, 5772
Donald Trump Is the Greatest; Just Ask Him
So Donald Trump is at it again, saying that he may run for president after all. Given the current Republican field, Trump says, "I would certainly think about running as an independent."
Let me say this as delicately as I can: Donald Trump is full of it. There is not one chance in a hundred billion that he will run. If he did, he'd not only lose, he'd look like a loser - a pathetic, cartoon character, clown of a LOSER, who wouldn't win a single electoral vote and not many of the other kind of votes, either. This is something Donald Trump, who can't utter a sentence without announcing how wonderful he is or how great his ratings are, could never tolerate. He's the one who fires people. He rejects you. You don't reject him.
The French philosopher Descartes famously said "I think therefore I am." In Trump's case the line would be, "I'm on television therefore I am." I have never met anybody who needs publicity the way Trump does, and who uses it to tell the world that he's the greatest. Ali may have believed it when he said he was the greatest, but he was also having fun. Trump is dead serious. Airtime to Donald Trump, is air itself; it's oxygen. Without oxygen we die. Without airtime Trump dies; maybe not literally, but close enough.
It wasn't long ago that he told us he might run for president as a Republican. But then he had to make a choice: A TV show on the one hand … or possibly being the leader of the free world on the other. Let's see, he figured: I could make a lot of money to add to the lots of money I already have and host a dopey television show where I get to fire people … or I can convey my ideas to the American people and, given the field I have no respect for, given that I am THE DONALD TRUMP, who knows, maybe I have a chance to be President of the United States.
And he chose the television show. I can think of two other Americans who would have made the same decision if there was TV in their day: Barnum and Bailey.
Donald Trump can be a very nice guy. I have done several stories about him over the years. After I did a piece about his controversial new golf course along the North Sea in Scotland - a golf course that environmentalists didn't want him to build - he told somebody I know that "Bernie didn't do me any favors with the story, but he was fair." That's all a reporter can ask of anybody he covers. Trump can be charming in person. He can be funny and generous. But he's still full of it.
He may (or may not) soon be hosting yet another GOP debate on television. Almost all of the candidates have either declined to show up or haven't committed. Mike Murphy, a Republican strategist, said on Twitter that "GOP candidates would be foolish to show up at Trump's clown circus/ debate. Walk away." Karl Rove, President George W. Bush's longtime adviser, added on Fox News: "What the heck are the Republican candidates doing showing up at a debate with a guy who says, 'I may run for president next year as an independent'?" Now, even Trump says he may not show up. Why? He's still peddling the story that he's thinking about running for president, which is precisely what someone who craves attention would say.
Whether or not Trump hosts the debate, for some crazy reason, candidates feel they have to kiss Trump's ring. Newt Gingrich has met with him, and so have Mitt Romney, Rick Perry, and Michelle Bachmann. Herman Cain, who was in the race, and Sarah Palin, who was toying with the idea of running, have also paid homage to The Donald.
Ron Paul, one of the candidates who will skip the Trump-hosted debate, told CNN that he doesn't understand why so many candidates are seeking Trump's support.
"I didn't know he had the ability to lay on hands and anoint people," Paul said.
He doesn't. But don't tell that to Donald Trump. He wouldn't believe it if you did.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment by clicking here.
JWR contributor Bernard Goldberg, the television news reporter and author of several bestselling books, among them, Bias, a New York Times number one bestseller about how the media distort the news. He is widely seen as one of the most original writers and thinkers in broadcast journalism. Mr. Goldberg covered stories all over the world for CBS News and has won 10 Emmy awards for excellence in journalism. He now reports for the widely acclaimed HBO broadcast Real Sports.
He is a graduate of Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey and a member of the school's Hall of Distinguished Alumni and proprietor of BernardGoldberg.com.
• 12/12/11: Rob Peter to Pay Paul: Bad Economics! Good Politics?
• 12/07/11: Yeah . . . and Fish Don't Know They're Wet, Either
• 12/06/11: Did the Media Play Fair with Herman Cain?
• 12/05/11: Obama to Blue-Collar America: Adios!
• 11/29/11: We Can Stop the Crazy Train Before It Gets to Greece
• 11/22/11: Who Can Beat Obama?
• 11/15/11: The Dumbest Media Question I've Ever Heard
• 11/09/11: What If Herman Cain Did It?
• 11/08/11: What If Herman Cain Were a Lib?
• 11/02/11: Who Can Beat Obama?
• 11/01/11: We're Approaching the Tipping Point
• 10/25/11: A Response to the Angry Purists
• 10/18/11: They're Waiting for Reagan to Hit the Campaign Trail
• 10/12/11: Read This!!! --- But Only If You Have Nothing Better To Do
• 10/04/11: Can Obama Win Re-Election?
• 09/27/11: It's NOT the Economy Stupid, It's Theology
• 09/20/11: Bad News on the Doorstep
• 09/09/11: Hypocrisy!
• 09/06/11: Back to the Future
• 08/24/11: Hillary vs. Obama in 2012? It'll Never Happen --- I Don't Think
• 08/22/11: Warning: Conservatives May Be Harmful to Your Mental Health
• 08/17/11: Warren Buffett, Coddled Billionaire
• 08/11/11: Too Much Balance in the Media?
• 08/04/11: All Aboard the Crazy Train
• 08/01/11: Liberal Hate Speech
• 07/25/11: With All Due Respect, Go Fly a Kite
• 07/20/11: Who Is A Natural Born Citizen?
• 07/18/11: Guess Who's Not Paying Their Fair Share
• 07/12/11: Against More Taxes? You May Be a Terrorist!
• 07/11/11: Casey Anthony: The TV Show
• 07/06/11: Standards and Double Standards at MSNBC
• 06/29/11: Is Jon Stewart A Racist?
• 06/21/11: Let's Play the Race Card --- Just for Fun Of Course
• 06/20/11: Sarah Palin and Weiner's Weiner
• 06/03/11: Memo to GOP: Turn Mr. Obama into Mr. Yesterday
• 05/20/11: I Get Letters From People Who Should Be Locked Up
• 05/09/11: Is Torture Ever Justified?
• 05/02/11: The Promiscuous Use of the R Word
• 04/19/11: The Man Behind the Million Dollar Smile
• 04/12/11: What's the Difference Between Libs in Politics and Libs in the Media?
• 04/08/11: An Idea Whose Time Has Come and Gone
• 03/28/11: The Pundits Are Driving Me Crazy --- And You Thought Qadaffi Is Nuts
• 03/14/11: No Liberal Bias at NPR Just Ask NPR
• 03/10/11: The media's frustration
• 03/01/11: Progressives Lost in Time . . .
• 02/23/11: The Lamestreams Strike Again --- This Time in Madison
• 02/03/11: You MUST Own a Gun --- Or Else!
• 01/20/11: It Was Horrible, I tell you … HORRIBLE!
• 01/11/11: Here We Go Again . . .
• 01/06/11: You Go, Oprah
• 12/28/10: A Year-Ender --- The MSM and Obama's Fall from Grace
• 12/14/10: Thank
Heaven for Rich People
• 12/02/10: The Phony Nobility of Wikileaks
© 2011, Bernard Goldberg
Richard Z. Chesnoff
Frank J. Gaffney
Victor Davis Hanson
A. Barton Hinkle
Judge A. Napolitano
Debra J. Saunders
J. D. Crowe
David Ray Skinner
Ask Doctor K