Dec. 4, 2013
Dec. 2, 2013
Rabbi Moshe Grylak: Attack on Chanukah's scholar-warriors an affront to all people of faith
U.S. boxes in Israel, not Iran: Surrender in Geneva
Jewz in the Newz by Nate Bloom
: Vanessa Bayer & Jacob, the Bar Mitzvah Boy; Adam Levine, nickname "the Bear Jew," is People's Sexiest; Eastwoods Need to Say "Kinehora!"
The Kosher Gourmet by Kim Ode:
Fried and gone to heaven: Dense, fried Slovenian doughnut-like rolls, krofi, on Chanukah is a treat you'll want to eat all year long
: Tracking babies' eyes, scientists find signs of autism in 2-month-olds
Jewz in the Newz by Nate Bloom
: Hunger Games: Jewish Connections; A 'Minyan'of Jewish Celebs Recite the Gettysburg Address On-line; Walter Matthau's Reaction to JFK's Death
Nancy A. Youssef :
Christians too afraid to complain as treatment in new 'democracy' worsens
Jewz in the Newz by Nate Bloom
: Jewish MLB managers; Past and Present; Movie News and Dancing W/the Stars Shocker; Paula Abdul's Israeli bat mitzvah and bio facts rarely reported
Jewish World Review
Oct 12, 2011
/ 14 Tishrei, 5772
Read This!!! --- But Only If You Have Nothing Better To Do
This is my Seinfeld column. It's about nothing.
Every now and then I can't think of anything to say. That can be a liability when you have a column to fill. Sure, I could write about the Mormon cult thing and say the Baptist minister who said Mormons aren't real Christians is an idiot. But a good writer should never waste time stating the obvious. I could say his logic is unimpressive. Unimpressive is a nice way of saying he's an idiot, but I already said that. After all, he said he'd rather vote for a Christian than a non-Christian, then said he'd rather vote for Mitt Romney, a Mormon, than for Barack Obama, a Christian. Hello? Anybody home? I probably could write a whole column about that doofus, but honestly, I don't feel like it. Besides, you know that old saying: "Never get into an argument with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." So I'll take a pass on arguing with the good Christian minister who has a pipeline to G0d.
I guess I could also write a few hundred words about the Nobel Prize winners occupying Wall Street and other cities around the country. I read a survey in New York magazine that said 34 percent of them believe the U.S. government is no better than Al Qaeda. I'm not sure if I believe that they really believe that, but one way or another I don't really care. They also think that one percent of Americans are oppressing the other 99 percent. Frankly, I'm shocked that they were able to put two percentages together that equaled 100. But I'll tell you this: all those Democrats who are supporting the protestors are asking for trouble. Their message doesn't resonate with independent voters - whom Barack Obama will need in order to win re-election - or anyone else not named Keith Olbermann.
Sometimes I wish I were as prolific a writer as my friend Burt Prelutsky, who is a regular contributor to this Web site. He's really good - smart, funny, fearless. And he writes a lot. Something always catches his eye that he (rightly) thinks is worth writing about. Not me. For a while I was thinking about "borrowing" one of Burt's columns and putting my name on it. Of course, that would be wrong. But that wasn't the reason I didn't do it. The reason I didn't do it is because Burt would have caught me and then written a smart, funny fearless column that made me look like a thief or something.
There's another Republican debate coming up. I could have written that line anytime in the past six months. The next debate is number 796, I think. I have nothing to say about the debates but I'm not sure if it's my ignorance or my indifference that keeps me from writing about them. Honest answer: I don't know - and I don't care. (Get it?)
You know what writer's block is? I have it. Have a nice day.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment by clicking here.
JWR contributor Bernard Goldberg, the television news reporter and author of several bestselling books, among them, Bias, a New York Times number one bestseller about how the media distort the news. He is widely seen as one of the most original writers and thinkers in broadcast journalism. Mr. Goldberg covered stories all over the world for CBS News and has won 10 Emmy awards for excellence in journalism. He now reports for the widely acclaimed HBO broadcast Real Sports.
He is a graduate of Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey and a member of the school's Hall of Distinguished Alumni and proprietor of BernardGoldberg.com.
• 10/04/11: Can Obama Win Re-Election?
• 09/27/11: It's NOT the Economy Stupid, It's Theology
• 09/20/11: Bad News on the Doorstep
• 09/09/11: Hypocrisy!
• 09/06/11: Back to the Future
• 08/24/11: Hillary vs. Obama in 2012? It'll Never Happen --- I Don't Think
• 08/22/11: Warning: Conservatives May Be Harmful to Your Mental Health
• 08/17/11: Warren Buffett, Coddled Billionaire
• 08/11/11: Too Much Balance in the Media?
• 08/04/11: All Aboard the Crazy Train
• 08/01/11: Liberal Hate Speech
• 07/25/11: With All Due Respect, Go Fly a Kite
• 07/20/11: Who Is A Natural Born Citizen?
• 07/18/11: Guess Who's Not Paying Their Fair Share
• 07/12/11: Against More Taxes? You May Be a Terrorist!
• 07/11/11: Casey Anthony: The TV Show
• 07/06/11: Standards and Double Standards at MSNBC
• 06/29/11: Is Jon Stewart A Racist?
• 06/21/11: Let's Play the Race Card --- Just for Fun Of Course
• 06/20/11: Sarah Palin and Weiner's Weiner
• 06/03/11: Memo to GOP: Turn Mr. Obama into Mr. Yesterday
• 05/20/11: I Get Letters From People Who Should Be Locked Up
• 05/09/11: Is Torture Ever Justified?
• 05/02/11: The Promiscuous Use of the R Word
• 04/19/11: The Man Behind the Million Dollar Smile
• 04/12/11: What's the Difference Between Libs in Politics and Libs in the Media?
• 04/08/11: An Idea Whose Time Has Come and Gone
• 03/28/11: The Pundits Are Driving Me Crazy --- And You Thought Qadaffi Is Nuts
• 03/14/11: No Liberal Bias at NPR Just Ask NPR
• 03/10/11: The media's frustration
• 03/01/11: Progressives Lost in Time . . .
• 02/23/11: The Lamestreams Strike Again --- This Time in Madison
• 02/03/11: You MUST Own a Gun --- Or Else!
• 01/20/11: It Was Horrible, I tell you … HORRIBLE!
• 01/11/11: Here We Go Again . . .
• 01/06/11: You Go, Oprah
• 12/28/10: A Year-Ender --- The MSM and Obama's Fall from Grace
• 12/14/10: Thank
Heaven for Rich People
• 12/02/10: The Phony Nobility of Wikileaks
© 2011, Bernard Goldberg
Richard Z. Chesnoff
Frank J. Gaffney
Victor Davis Hanson
A. Barton Hinkle
Judge A. Napolitano
Debra J. Saunders
J. D. Crowe
David Ray Skinner
Ask Doctor K