Jewish World Review
Sept. 5, 2013 /30 Elul, 5773
U.S. likes to periodically rotate dictators
President Obama bowed up last year and said he had a “red line” he would not allow Syria to cross. As a result, and with his massive ego at stake, he feels he has to do something he never does: back up his rhetoric with action.
The Obama regime knows only one way to wage war, and that is to run attack ads in Iowa, destroying an opponent’s character. Trying to wage war by invading a country over WMDs has pitted President Obama against his fiercest ideological opponent on the matter, Candidate Obama.
So, our war-waging-invading machine has been dispatched to the Middle East to extract a pound of flesh from Syrian President Bashar al-Assad for probably gassing his opposition. No penalties yet on this administration sending the IRS to attack Obama’s opposition.
We can’t bomb Syria to the point that Assad is displaced; then al-Qaida religious extremists could take over, like the Muslim Brotherhood did in Egypt. Instead of cruise missiles and “shock and awe,” Obama might order the Pentagon to spank them with a rolled-up newspaper or spray them with water from a squirt bottle.
As a libertarian who likes to mind his own business, I am not a fan of traipsing across the world and starting a war when we are not directly threatened. It’s costly, ineffective and creates enemies. This gas attack could have been perpetrated by the Syrian rebels Obama is backing, in order to induce the U.S. into putting a hurt on their enemy, President Assad. My trust in government is at an all-time low.
If we go to war with Syria, it will be just a proxy war against Syria's allies, Iran-backed Hezbollah factions in Syria, and Russia. Vladimir (“Macho Bravado”) Putin likes to go around bare-chested. As any Southerner will tell you, you do not want to fight a redneck who takes off his shirt. There’s no upside.
World War I started after a confusing set of circumstances unfolded: long-standing tensions, militarism, botched diplomacy and the assassination in 1914 of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria and his wife by a Serbian nationalist. A “comedy” of errors, convoluted alliances and aggressions escalated us into another war.
This one feels like that one. I say we lay low, and I think a war-weary country agrees. On the plus side, this is our third war in the Mideast, so the next one is free.
London newspapers say the administration is mum on the Benghazi attacks because the CIA was covertly supplying military arms from there to rebels with the “Syrian Alliance.” If you do not know much about these rebels we are supplying, stay tuned. We will be at war with them in about two years. At least we will be able to know what weapons they will be using, by checking our invoices.
The U.S. government likes to rotate its dictators every few years, like crops. Removing a strong-arm leader who keeps order is like firing a great bouncer at a biker bar. A thugocracy often works well to keep order in Third World hellholes.
The other choice is a theocracy, and a Muslim theocracy is worse for us. Muslims let a few, out-of-touch religious zealots elect the leaders for their nation. Then, those leaders seek to force their interpretation of antiquated religious doctrines into law. It’s the same thing Republicans do with the Iowa primary.
Opposition forces linked to al-Qaida took over oil wells and declared a Shariah state in their part of Syria. Now they are oil speculators, capitalists who control their own state government. I say we let things take their natural course, as they are about two business cycles away from joining a country club and encouraging their daughters to pledge Chi Omega.
Obama, with the debacle of Iraq hanging over him, and after he said he was going to bomb Syria, saw Great Britain bail on him. Now, Obama suddenly wants to work with Congress to put them on the record. This president is not about leadership, he is about blame. Instead of nuclear codes carried by a general, Obama is followed around by David Axelrod, carrying a briefcase that contains codes for whom to blame for scandals.
Obama should avoid this complex attack, but I am afraid that he has decided to go ahead. If it turns out to be a mess, Obama has already asked Susan Rice pick out a few anti-Muslim videos to blame for the debacle.
|BUY THE BOOK|
Click HERE to purchase it at a discount. (Sales help fund JWR.).
Comment by clicking here.
JWR contributor Ron Hart grew up in Tennessee and began writing a column for his hometown paper in 2002. He attended The University of Memphis and the Institute for Political and Economic Systems at Georgetown University. Ron graduated Magna Cum Laude and was elected student government president. Upon getting his MBA, he went to work for Goldman Sachs. He was appointed to the Tennessee Board of Regents by then Governor Lamar Alexander and is now a private investor. He appears on CNN and has been quoted in numerous publications including the Wall Street Journal.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
• Affleck as Batman, Hillary as Wonder Woman
• Government Keeps Fear Alive to Grow Its Agencies
• Ill Will Hunting Schools for His Kids
• Bread and Circuses: Signs of a Crumbling Empire
• Who Really Has a 'War on Women'?
• Liberal Policies Turn Motown into Notown
• New York, 'The City That Never Sleeps' --- with its Spouse
• Bankruptcy Gone Wild
• When the whole of D.C.'s political class agrees on something, it scares me
• C'mon, do the O-bots really want meth convicts selling Sudafed and toys peddled by pedophiles at Wal-Mart?
• Orwellian Administration's Data Under-Mining of American Values
• Ireland: Great beer, wee bit of entrepreneural opportunity
• Why Obama Comparisons to Nixon are Fair
• O-bots Abound
• Commencement Reality Speech
• ObamaCare: Pols Try to Weasel Out of Their Own Law
• Weiner Again Dangles Possible Run for Mayor of NYC
• Lil' Kim --- Like Father, like Son, Young 'Uns Can Get in Trouble
• Stimulus Money for 'Shovel Ready' Projects --- Where Did It Go?
• Our Petulant POTUS
• Degrees Cost More but Are Worth Less: Three Ways to Fix Education
• Sequestration Drama Queens
• Pelosi's America and the Declaration of Dependence
• The Statist of the Union Address
• Amnesty and a Wink: Another Bad Idea Whose Time Has Come
• Dems 'Never Let a Good Tragedy Go To Waste'
• GOP's Feckless Response to Debt Ceiling Opportunity
• Al-Gore-Jazeera and his global gouging
• Is it more detrimental to taxpayers if Congress tries to do something--- or fails to?
• Yoga: Don't Just Do Something --- Sit There
• Looking Back at 2012
• Day-O: Daylight Come and I Wanna Go Home
• Whites on Rice --- senators grill would-be ambassador
• Let's Get Fiscal
• Hostess with the Least-est
• Tax Collectors Find There is Gold in That Thar' Stripper Glitter
• Sandy is reminder of all other broken Obama campaign promises
• 'Hope and Change' have become Smirk and Disdain
• The Town Hall Debate: Angry Birds II
• Boorish Biden needed to be put in time out
• Media and Their Polls Declare Obama Winner
• The United Nations: U.S. Attends Annual 'Despot Lecture' Series
• Root of evil? Modern-day hitchhikers of virtue
• You didn't build that' Speech Justifies Obama's Confiscation of Our Money
• Anthony Weiner Reinserts Himself --- Into Politics
• The 'Food Stamp President' Loves the Dependent, Mostly for Their Votes
• The Fourth and Family
• Fatherhood: Blame starts early if you allow it
• Toothless Law Sets Doofus Free: The John Edwards Hung Jury
• The Dangers of Government's Creeping Incrementalism
• Affable dolt, highly excitable and eager to please, Biden does Obama's Bidding
• First Person Forward
• The Secret Service: Not that Secret about getting Serviced
• Who are Really the Heroes?
• GSA Vegas excesses? Bush's fault
• Temptation of the Tebow
• ObamaCare---Once They Get their Commerce Claws in Us, What's the Limit?
• Obama's Campaign Theme: Taxation and Demonization
• DNA and Me: Family Facts not Genome for Years
• College for Everyone? Some Children Need to be Left Behind
• Hope for the Hip-Hop-ocrisy at the Grammys
• The Bain of Our Existence
• Confusing Obama and 'Go Bama'
• E-conning the Public, Washington Spending, and Other Shell Games
• Looking Back at 2011
• Kim Jong Il: North Koreans Love You Long Time --- it's Mandatory
• What the MF-- Global?
• The GOP Primaries: The Adultery of Hope
• No Thankfulness at Thanksgiving for the OWS Crowd
• Cain Mutiny, or a High-tech Lynching?
• Slipping into an Envy-ocracy
• An honest, if unconventional, assessment of those vying to wipe that smirk off Obama's smug mug
• The Unwashed Masses Descend on New York City
• Obama pivots to jobs --- his
• Washington: Blame No One. Do Something!
• Our Debt Problems: Politicians Extend and Pretend
• No Child Left --- To the Left
• Dems' debt ceiling demagoguery
• Golf Summit --- I Like Spike(s)
• Nancy Pelosi Finally Demands a Weiner Probe
• The porkulus political payback project
• Schwarzenegger, please!
• An ILL Wind for Business --- Boeing, Boeing Gone?
• Osama's 72 Virgins --- and Obama's 72 Versions
• Bin Laden was taken out by seals and now sleeps with the fishes
• Trump: Got 99 problems, but rich ain't one
• Why you should see the Atlas Shrugged movie
• Why The Donald trumps the Bamster
• Mid-East Megalomaniacal Despots on the Run
• Truther or Dare
• Facebook Un-friends Our Increasingly Regulation-burdened Capital Markets
• Egyptians Unfriend Mubarak
• Hold 'em liable --- the colleges, that is
• Follow your Hart in a look back at 2010
• GOP wins in showdown
• WikiLeaks --- Danger or Disinfectant?
• The Angle of the Rangel
• Where We Let Terrorists Really Hurt Us
• Time to starve the spending beast
• The TSA: We Do Chicken Right!
• A Red Wave
• No Juan Left Behind at NPR
• Capitalism in Time Saves Mine
• The Broader Picture of What These Elections Mean
• Dem-moralized: Dead Fish taken to the trash cant
• Ships Passing in the Night
• Obamanomics continue to add up . . . for Republicans
• She had Tiger by the tail: If Elin did not get Tiger's money, Obama would have
© 2010 Ron Hart