Test your nutrition IQ: Inflammation and anti-inflammatory foods
By Sam McManis
http://www.JewishWorldReview.com | Got inflammation? Studies show a significant number of Americans do, which is why nutritionists are promoting anti-inflammatory foods said to help prevent everything from cancer to acne.
We think taking a quiz on inflammation is a swell idea.
1. Which of the following vegetables actually promotes inflammation?
c) Green beans
2. Which type of cooking oil is known for its anti-inflammation properties?
a) Olive oil
b) Peanut oil
c) Palm kernel oil
3. In addition to reducing inflammation, quercetin found in the skins of apples and red onions is purported to fight what common malady?
a) Male-pattern baldness
4. Curcumin has been touted to ease rheumatoid arthritis and reduce joint swelling. Where does curcumin come from?
a) The Indian spice turmeric
b) Spanish spice saffron de la Mancha
c) West African Melegueta pepper spice
5. Which fruit is to be avoided in an anti-inflammation diet?
a) Red delicious apples
ANSWERS: 1: b; 2: a; 3: c; 4: a; 5: c
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment by clicking here.
All about broccoli rabe © 2008, The Sacramento Bee Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
All about broccoli rabe
© 2008, The Sacramento Bee Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services