Test your nutrition IQ: Zinc about it
By Sam McManis
http://www.JewishWorldReview.com | Have a seat. Our micronutrient du jour is zinc. Oh, you'll have the special zinc quiz? An excellent choice. Dig in.
1. Zinc is beneficial in many ways. Which of the following is not one of them?
a) Improves immune response
b) Decreases bad breath
c) Hastens wound healing
2. Zinc deficiency can lead to which of the following conditions?
3. The recommended daily allowance of zinc is 11 milligrams for an adult male, 8 mg for an adult female. What is considered the tolerable upper intake level per day?
a) 40 mg
b) 140 mg
c) 400 mg
4. Besides ingesting a limited number of zinc-rich foods, what is one major cause of severe zinc deficiency?
b) Type 2 diabetes
c) Liver disease
5. Which soft-tissue part of the body has the highest concentration of zinc?
a) Gall bladder
6. Which food boasts a whopping 513 percent of the daily value for zinc?
c) Ostrich meat
ANSWERS: 1: b; 2:a; 3: a; 4: c; 5: b; 6: b
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment by clicking here.
Honey in the raw © 2008, The Sacramento Bee Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Honey in the raw
© 2008, The Sacramento Bee Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services