Test your nutrition IQ: Honey in the raw
By Sam McManis
We do requests at Nutrition Quiz, and loyal reader
1. One tablespoon of honey contains 60 calories. How does that compare to 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar?
a) 12 more calories than sugar
b) 12 fewer calories than sugar
c) Same number of calories as sugar
2. According to
a) They worry about caloric intake and weight gain.
b) Honey is harder to digest than sugar.
c) Honey is sweeter and more dense than sugar.
3. True or false: Most vegans permit themselves to eat honey, even though it comes from bees.
4. According to a 1993 study in the journal Surgery, the topical use of honey can help which condition?
5. True or false: You should not give a child under 12 months honey because of the risk of infant botulism.
6. What is one reason for a darker-hued honey?
a) Heat and indoor storage time
b) Honey cultivated in southern climes
c) Darker-colored bees
ANSWERS: 1: a; 2: c; 3: false; 4: b; 5: true; 6: a
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment by clicking here.
Carrots © 2008, The Sacramento Bee Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
© 2008, The Sacramento Bee Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services