Test your nutrition IQ: Toxins in food
By Sam McManis
http://www.JewishWorldReview.com | We depart from our usual calm and reasoned nutrition quiz for this alarmist, tabloid bleating: Your food can poison you! OK, stop hyperventilating and take our quiz.
1. Which toxin do apple seeds contain?
2. True or false: Chewing three or four seeds from a single apple is enough to be sickened.
3. Which of the following foods does not contain small levels of cyanide?
b) lima beans
4. According to the Web site HealthAliciousNess.com, "small amounts of cyanide may even be good for you by helping" which condition?
a) kidney disease
c) high blood pressure
5. Potatoes and tomatoes contain traces of glycoalkaloids, a poison that can affect which part of the body?
ANSWERS: 1: b; 2: false (according to the
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
Comment by clicking here.
Pistachios © 2008, The Sacramento Bee Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
© 2008, The Sacramento Bee Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services