March 5, 2014
Netanyahu's inaction to Obama's provocations sends powerful message
Kerry, after apparent criticism by Schumer, seeks to allay skepticism on diplomacy
How to ruin a perfectly good kid in 10 simple steps
2014 Oscars played it safe, but was faith lost in the shuffle?
Apple joins Hobby Lobby in touting corporate values beyond profit
March 3, 2014
Alina Dain Sharon: In the Hebrew calendar, a leap year has extra month, not day
Latest Obama appointment to prove Prez set on emasculating so-called Israel Lobby
Jewish World Review
News of the Weird: First Things First
As of early November, 150 people had been killed by the 2-week-old, erupting Mount Merapi volcano in Central Java, Indonesia, and the government had created shelters in stadiums and public halls for 300,000 jammed-together evacuees. By that time, however, some had petitioned authorities to open up private shelter locations so that the displaced could attend to certain romantic, biological needs. Apparently some evacuees had become so frisky that they had left the shelter and returned to their homes in the danger zone just so they could have sex. [Australian Broadcasting Corp. News]
Jerrold Winiecki, 56, was lifted into an ambulance on Dec. 8 for the 25-minute ride to a hospital in a Minneapolis suburb, after paramedics were unable to keep his airway fully open because of infection. Minutes later, the struggling-to-breathe Winiecki noticed the ambulance stopping at a familiar location enroute -- a Subway sandwich shop near his home, thus increasing his distress. The stop was brief; Winiecki later recovered; and doctors said the ambulance ride was not life-threatening. The ambulance company said proper protocols were met, in that the driver did not stop for food but to use a restroom because of diarrhea. [Star Tribune (Minneapolis)]
Click here to comment on this column.
Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in the media and Washington consider "must-reading". Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.
• Questionable State Regulation; Can't Possibly Be True
• Unclear on the Concept; Least Competent Criminals
• Where down is up; Can't Possibly Be True
• Least Competent Criminals; Things that Make You Say: Huh!?
• News That Sounds Like a Joke
• Cultural Diversity; eggs-ellent! (from the archives)
• News from Islam-land; Latest Cutting-Edge Research
• Those Ingenious Western Spies!; Cultural Diversity
• Can't Possibly Be True; Motherly Love
• Least Competent Criminals; Questionable Judgments
• This mafia really are animals; out of control businesses
• Science on the Cutting Edge
• Daring New Products
• Least Competent Criminals; from the archives
• If Life Gives You …
• Their Crimes Fit Their Names; Bright Ideas
• Latest Rights; Compelling Explanations
• One of the world's most bizarre conferences; delicious ironies
• Thinning the herd; Downgrade Cut Short; from the archives
• Cleverest Non-Humans; Medicare In Action
• Oops!; The Weirdo-American Community; Least Competent Criminals
• Life Imitates a Drew Barrymore Movie; Weird Science; Questionable Judgments
• Questionable Judgments; Great, ahem, Art!
• Fine Points of the Law; Thank Goodness for Narcissists
• Cliches Come to Life; First Things First; Fine Points of the Law
• News That Sounds Like a Joke; Suspicions Confirmed; Yikes!
• Do They Know?; Yikes!
• Catch-22 Catches Disabled Veteran; The Continuing Crisis; Best Not to Ask Why
© 2011, Chuck Shepherd. Distributed by Universal Uclick